Our Mission Statement
To develop community cohesion by organising a variety of theme based and multi-community joined up cultural programmes open to all members of public irrespective of their ethnic origin and religious beliefs.
- To advance the Hindu religion in Hampshire for the benefit of the public through the holding of prayer meetings, lectures, public celebration of religious festivals, producing and/or distributing literature on Hinduism to enlighten others about the Hindu religion.
- To promote for the benefit of the inhabitants of Hampshire and the surrounding area the provision of facilities for cultural programme or other leisure time occupation of individuals who have need of such facilities by reason of their youth, age, infirmity or disablement, financial hardship or social and economic circumstances or for the public at large in the interests of social welfare and with the object of improving the condition of life of the said inhabitants.
- The prevention or relief of poverty in by providing grants, items and services to individuals in need and/or charities, or other organisations’ working to prevent or relieve poverty.
- Advancement of Indian, and wider, South Asian Art and Culture, Heritage and Education in the form of traditional music, dance and drama etc. through arranging and participating in four annual cultural events:
- Spring festival of Saraswati Puja (January-February).
- Summer festival (April-May) to celebrate Poila Baishakh (New year’s day) and the birth anniversaries of Rabindranath Tagore and Kabi Nazrul (May). Either programme can be organised in alternate years.
- Autumn festival of Durga Puja and Sarbojonin Shardodotsav (meaning festival for all), (September-October).
- The festival of Kali Puja (October-November).
Come join us as we welcome Goddess Durga on earth with her entire entourage and step in for the days of fun.
ॐ जयन्ती, मङ्गला, काली, भद्रकाली, कपालिनी। दुर्गा, शिवा, क्षमा, धात्री, स्वाहा, स्वधा नमोऽस्तु ते॥ एष सचन्दन गन्ध पुष्प बिल्व पत्राञ्जली ॐ ह्रीं दुर्गायै नमः॥.